Celebrating 63 Years of Service To Englehart & Area!
August General Meeting
Wed. Aug. 21, 2019
Field Trip to "Lilley Bee Apiaries"
Something different - interesting and educational!!
Car pooling will be in effect! Meet at the Englehart Emmanuel Community Church at 5th Ave. and 3rd St. between 6:30 - 6:45 P.M. Tour starts at Lilley Bee Apiaries at 7:00 P.M. If you are driving yourself, Lilley Bee is located at 271472 Poupore Rd, Earlton at the former John Robertson Sales location. There will be honey for sale and if you bring your own containers, the cost is $3.50 per lb..
Since we are on location this month, there will be no shared pot luck lunch BUT there will be a door prize!
As always, guests are invited! Please plan to attend this relaxing and fun evening!
Calling All Youth Gardeners!!
Calling all parents of youth gardeners....
August 1st is the last day to register for this year's Youth Garden Competition sponsored by the Englehart and District Horticultural Society. Please call Mrs. Warner at 705 544 8916 or Mrs. Fisher at 544 8074 to register. If leaving a message, please leave your phone number. Judges will be in contact in early August to set up a day to visit the gardens.
Great time! Great Food! Great weather! Fun Auction!
Ontario Horticultural Association
The O.H.A. has launched a newly designed and revamped website featuring provincial news, newsletters, Society listings and District listings. Why not visit and see what the rest of Ontario's Societies are doing!!
Calling All Youth Gardeners!
Once again the Englehart and District Horticultural Society is sponsoring the Youth Garden Competition. We hope that if you have a child or grandchild or know a child who might be interested in gardening that you will encourage them whether they wish to enter the contest or not. There will be information available about the contest at the three schools.
There will be three groups: JK-SK, Grade One to Three, and Grade Six and Above.
- The garden can be any size. It can even be part of a larger garden, but should be set apart somehow, so the judge can see which part is yours.
- You must plant and care for the garden yourself, including weeding it. Neatness is very important, as well as the condition of the plants.
- Your garden can be all vegetables, all flowers, or a mixture of both.
- Garden accessories are permitted.
- The gardens will be judged in the second week of August. Please call Mrs. Warner (544-8916), Mrs. Fisher (544-8074), to let us know that you wish your garden to be judged.
- There will be money prizes, as well as a trophy awarded for the first place winner in each division.
- We hope you will enjoy growing and caring for your own garden, and will enter the competition.
- But remember, this is a competition for you, not your parents, so you must look after the garden, although they can give you advice.
Regular Meeting Location:
**The location of St. Paul’s Emmanuel Community Church Hall; corner of 3rd St. & 5th Ave., Englehart, ON**