Celebrating 63 Years of Service To Englehart & Area!
Wednesday, June 12: Millennium Garden Makeover
As part of the Englehart and District Horticultural Society's upcoming Horticultural Week,, Evelyne Nemcsok and her committee have planned several activities. One of these will be spending some time working in the Millennium Garden in the courtyard of EPS. If you could meet us there at 1:00 p.m. on Wednesday, June 12, with some gardening tools, we would really appreciate it. We didn't spend much time there last year and it does need some weeding, dividing, etc. Please call E. Fisher or ask any questions you may have on the Society's Facebook page!
Annual Spring Plant & Bake Sale
Saturday, May 25th; 10:00 AM
Royal Canadian Legion Hall
Another great success! Thank you to all those who helped with organizing, donating, purchasing and cleaning up!
Ontario Horticultural Association
The O.H.A. has launched a newly designed and revamped website featuring provincial news, newsletters, Society listings and District listings. Why not visit and see what the rest of Ontario's Societies are doing!!
Calling All Youth Gardeners!
Once again the Englehart and District Horticultural Society is sponsoring the Youth Garden Competition. We hope that if you have a child or grandchild or know a child who might be interested in gardening that you will encourage them whether they wish to enter the contest or not. There will be information available about the contest at the three schools.
There will be three groups: JK-SK, Grade One to Three, and Grade Six and Above.
- The garden can be any size. It can even be part of a larger garden, but should be set apart somehow, so the judge can see which part is yours.
- You must plant and care for the garden yourself, including weeding it. Neatness is very important, as well as the condition of the plants.
- Your garden can be all vegetables, all flowers, or a mixture of both.
- Garden accessories are permitted.
- The gardens will be judged in the second week of August. Please call Mrs. Warner (544-8916), Mrs. Fisher (544-8074), to let us know that you wish your garden to be judged.
- There will be money prizes, as well as a trophy awarded for the first place winner in each division.
- We hope you will enjoy growing and caring for your own garden, and will enter the competition.
- But remember, this is a competition for you, not your parents, so you must look after the garden, although they can give you advice.
Planting Guide for Englehart, ON
In case you were needing a "guideline" for starting seeds or transplanting in our area, whether by the date or the moon! (Of course, this is only a guide and depending on the season, you can take a chance with some earlier dates! Just be warned: if you don't have bright light or a little greenhouse, starting tomatoes, etc. too early will not give you much of an advantage if they are leggy and struggling!) ;)
Garden Ontario Week 2019
The Ontario Horticultural Society have organized their Garden Ontario Week 2019 for June 8-16, 2019. The week is for everyone whether you are a family, a new gardener, a seasoned pro or a green thumb. It is a week to learn & get hands on experience. Events and activities are being organized throughout Ontario. From workshops to guided walks, plant sales to garden parties, guerrilla gardening to community garden work bees, there is something for everyone and everyone is invited.
Regular Meeting Location:
**The location of St. Paul’s Emmanuel Community Church Hall; corner of 3rd St. & 5th Ave., Englehart, ON**